The next Annual Meeting of the Society for Veterinary Epidemiology and preventive Medicine will be held 20 - 22 March 2013, at the Illustrious Official College of Physicians of Madrid.
The conference will retain the usual popular format, including a number of inspiring workshops and two invited plenary lectures to open and close the scientific programme.
The conference will start on March 20th at 13:30 and close on March 22th 13:15. Workshops will be held on March 20th from 9:00 to 12:00.
- Opening Plenary Lecture – Professor José Manuel Sánchez-Vizcaíno, University Complutense of Madrid: “The Spanish experience on the control and eradication of infectious diseases: from the old to the current system”
- Foot and Mouth Disease
- Disease Transmission/Control
- Veterinary Public Health
- Syndromic Surveillance
- Open Session
- Observational Studies
- Farmer´s Perceptions and Disease Control
- The Gareth Davies Lecture - Professor Andreas Hensel, President of the Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Berlin. Dioxins, EHEC and strawberries: “Risk assessment and risk communication in practice”
- Data mining and machine learning: What’s their relevance to a veterinary epidemiologist?
- Conducting an epidemiological investigation during a multicountry infectious disease outbreak
- Introduction to several methods for detecting temporal anomalies in epidemiological surveillance
- Basic epidemiological concepts
- The economics of animal health impact assessment
- One health on the move